If you experience dry skin you may be searching for the much coveted dewy skin look . This popular trend is all about skin that is fresh, glowing and hydrated but not oily or greasy looking. Even if you have dry skin this can be achieved with a quality skin care routine and some makeup hacks. For many years, magazines and the beauty industry wanted women to believe that shine was the enemy. Now with the trend for the dewy look it allows us to have natural looking skin that reflects light and gives our skin a lifted and toned look without looking overdone.
There’s a few steps you can take to achieve the dewiness you’re seeking. Update your beauty routine with these tips and hacks, and get ready to glow.
1. Exfoliate Regularly It’s good practice to gently exfoliate your skin to remove dead cells from its surface one to two times a week (or as tolerated by your skin). When dead skin cells build up on the surface of your skin, they can lead to a dull, extra dry-looking
complexion. To kick start your exfoliation process it is always a good idea to see your skin care therapist for a professional exfoliating treatment. Using the proper tools for your skin type is imperative to maintain a healthy skin surface. Our two most popular are Vivier’s Brilliance Facial Treatment using gentle peeling ingredients that hydrate and Bela md Facial to physically remove dead skin surface cells while infusing hydrating and brightening serum deep into your skin
2. Grab a Vitamin C Serum While makeup can do wonders in creating the appearance of dewy skin, if you want your dry skin to become dewy for the long haul, it all comes down to your skin care routine. Adding a Vitamin C serum provides strong antioxidant and protective action feeding your skin. Our favourites are Vivier CE peptides and Vivier Radiance serums., These serums help restore a healthy radiance to your skin while reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Smooth it onto your skin morning after cleansing.
3. Slather on SPF Using a sunscreen not only protects your skin from dangerous UV rays, but it also keeps your skin looking youthful to help promote a dewy, radiant finish. It is recommended to use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 every day. We recommend TiZO Ultra and iS Clinical Eclipse.
4. Use Cream and Liquid-Based Makeup Products A dewy makeup look is all about using hydrating formulas. A trick popular with makeup artists is to mix a hyaluronic acid serum in with a liquid foundation to give it that dewy kick. When you apply this mixture to clean skin, you can expect the slightest hint of coverage that will make it look like you glow from the inside out, plus you’ll get a dose of hydration. Our personal hyaluronic acid serum favourite is iS Clinical Hydracool Serum. Play with the ratio of serum to liquid foundation to find your perfect dewy look. When you apply the liquid foundation we recommend using a brush or a makeup blender sponge. When using fingers to apply, the heat from your hands can start to change the properties of the product. Start the application to the areas on the face where you want more coverage, typically this is the nose and cheeks and then spread the foundation from there. This will help brighten your complexion while concealing any skin concerns. Be sure that you do not forget your neck when moisturizing and blending colour.
5. Extend the Dewy Love to Your Lips If your whole face looks beautifully dewy, keep the trend going with a glossy lipstick in a natural colour.
6. Don’t Overdo The Dew When it comes to the perfect glow, it’s important to remember that the trick is for it to look natural. To avoid looking too shiny, dab blush only along your cheekbones and the bridge of your nose. Your dewy makeup will steal the show, so don’t overdo it. Remember that the super hydrated look is what you are going for, not the overdone look with vibrant